Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 16 February 2011

A portion of Humble Pie for the gentleman in the corner...

I recently commented on an Adam Deane Blog Post focused upon  the topic: BPM Centre of Excellence.

I have subsequently pondered the topic further, discussed it with colleagues and in hindsight I have come to the conclusion that my response was flippant and definitely ill-informed; hence the portion of humble pie I am now consuming.

I carried out an in-depth analysis of a Centre of Excellence (CoE) created by one of my organisations large multi-national clients. The conclusion I have come to is that for this client at least, the CoE gave all stakeholders a platform for discussion and information sharing, which in turn allowed for a greater degree of project ‘buy-in’ from the different groups involved in the project and the CofE. The client is convinced, and having listened to their experiences I too am convinced, that the CoE played a major part in the success of the original project. The CofE continues to deliver value as the client rolls out subsequent project phases.

How may you ask did this CofE contribute so successfully to the project; the internal project manager at the client explained that the CofE acted as the focal point for collaboration of people, teams and technologies, which were therefore focused upon the critical business and project objectives. In addition the client felt that education and training was also enhanced.

I will now put down my knife and fork and move on...

No comments:

Post a Comment