Powered By Blogger

Thursday 16 December 2010

BPM and Case Management

Interesting quotes from a very interesting blog post by Andrew Smith:

"In the past I have banged on about Case Management not being BPM, and have had a good moan about those vendors and consultants that push case management as if it was / is. However, in my vision of the future, I believe business should see BPM and Case Management as the same thing"

"Ok, here we go…Forgot vendors, forget lengthy definitions by technical or marketing people trying to sell you something. [thanks Andrew!] Case Management and BPM are the same thing. BPM is, Business Process Management. It’s all about managing business processes in a structured, more controlled fashion. So what is case management? Well it’s all about managing business processes in a structured fashion…So you see, they are the same thing, its just our “practices” and software interpretations that make them very very different."

I suggest you read the full blog post: Convergence-of-bpm-and-case-management: Andrew Smith

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u


    BPM

    ReplyDelete